Organize My Guest Room
The summer months can be a very busy time for having guests and entertaining. If you are fortunate enough to have a designated guest bedroom, try out these tips for helping your guests to feel the most welcome and comfortable in your home!
1. Sleep in your own guest bed one night and make sure it is comfortable.
2. Have adequate number of pillows, preferably new, and bedding that is clean and comfortable.
3. Keep a basket of clean towels in the room. This is important especially if there is a shared bathroom.
4. A selection of books and maybe an extra pair of reading glasses.
5. Have a cell phone charger available for Apple & Android devices.
6. Put together a basket of toiletries like tooth paste, new tooth brushes, Advil, shampoo, etc...
7. Consider adding a TV to the room. Lots of people like to watch television before they go to sleep. It's also nice to have a place to go relax and just chill by yourself when you are a guest in someone else's home.
8. Have an air conditioner or fan available. This is especially important if you live in a warm climate or it's the summertime.
9. Extra robes. Isn’t it great when you go to a hotel and they have a nice robe to put on?
10. Water glass by the bed.
What are some ways that you like to organize your guest room for company? Let me know in the comments!